“Cool Runnings” in Jamaica! A journey to the Caribbean combines, food, fun and run at Jamaica’s premier international marathon!
Creating cool vibes since 2001, the Reggae Marathon provide a chance for you to compete and then chill. With our all inclusive packages, everything is taken care of from your accommodations, to meals, drinks, and entertainment.
Host Hotel: Couples Swept Away, Negril, Jamaica
Race Date: December 8, 2019 (see the race details below)
All Inclusive Resort 5 night package December 5th-10th, 2019:
Couples Swept Away Garden Verandah Suite all inclusive – $1229/person (double occupancy required, king beds only)
Couples Negril Garden View all inclusive – $1149/person (double occupancy required, king beds only)
Solo travel rates are available at our overflow resorts in Negril. Please contact an agent at 877-415-8987 or email@example.com
Airfare is additional and available from departure cities across the USA. Airport transfers are included with any package to Couples Resorts in Negril. Rates are subject to availability.
Reserve your spot by calling 877-415-8987 or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K
2019 FACT SHEET
|Dates||December 06 – December 08, 2019|
The Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K start at Long Bay Beach Park situated along Negril’s famed 7-mile white sand beach. The course loops into the town of Negril then heads north to Bloody Bay and returns to the finish at Long Bay Beach Park. The mostly flat course is an IAAF certified marathon, half marathon & 10K course.
|Events||Friday, December 06
• Registration & Packet Collection – Couples Swept Away Sports Complex (1:00pm to 5:00pm)
Saturday, December 07
• Registration & Packet Collection – Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
o Registration (1:00pm to 4:00pm)
o Packet Collection (1:00pm to 8:00pm)
• JHTA ‘World’s Best’ Pasta Party – Couples Swept Away Sports Complex (5:30pm to 8:30pm)
Sunday, December 08
• Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K start – Long Bay Beach Park (5:15am)
• Finish Line Beach Bash – Victory Beach Party & Awards Ceremony – Long Bay Beach Park (7:00am to 12 noon)
|Course Information||• START and FINISH outside Long Bay Beach Park on Norman Manley Boulevard
• Start Time: 5:15am; Course remains open for 6 hours, Marathoners must reach the halfway mark in 3 hours
• Aid Stations every mile – 25 in all, manned by experienced marathoners and enthusiastic volunteers
• Cooling stations with misters and iced towel wraps
• Inspirational Reggae music at every mile
• Closed lanes for runners
• Certified IAAF and AIMS course meeting international standards
• The event is sanctioned by the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA).
• Medical stations and fully equipped ambulances positioned along the course and staffed by a premier multi- disciplinary medical team.
|Weather||• The temperature should be a low of 24C / 76F at the start of the race. With low annual rainfall, rain is not
|Race Background||• In its nineteenth year, the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K has earned the reputation for being a well- organized international event, focused on runner enjoyment. Participants combine an island vacation and a great sporting event for a truly unique experience.
• Maximum 3,000 participants allowed.
|Testimonials||• “Did this race 4 years ago… my most favourite half… the atmosphere and people were awesome… am planning to return again this year and have recommended this race to fellow runners… nothing compares to Reggae Marathon!” – Sandra, 2018
• “Thank you for hosting a brilliant race today. It was tough in the heat but all the fantastic music got us around. The supporters and organization was great. Would definitely recommend your race to anyone wishing to run a Caribbean marathon.” – Sue, 2017
• “It was a pleasure for myself and my mate to run in the Reggae Marathon. It was fabulous as always. It was our fifth run. And we are ready for next year. Again, thank you for putting on such a spectacular event!” – Cordell, 2016
• “A great experience… but I will not forget this race. The organisation was perfect… Thank you to all who have made the race possible.” – Gerd, 2015
• “Great race! My wife and I both loved it…Pasta party amazing…Beautiful medal and shirt…Race day was something special…We loved the 5.15am start and running in the dark…we will definitely run again” – Kiernan & Cindy, 2014
• “This was more than just a road race – more like a scene from a 5-star feature film.” – Darryll, 2012
• “If there is a better overall experience at another event in the world, I’m not aware of it!” – Bob Moore, 2011
• “Thank you very much for a superb race. I am definitely coming back to do another Reggae Marathon.” – Christian, 2010
• “Thank you and the race organizers and volunteers for putting on one of the best races on the planet! You got both the
|thousand little details and the race experience big picture just right!” – Chuck, 2009
• “I’ve run 18 marathons and this is one of my favorites.” – Meng, 2008
• “By the way, your race is the best organized of all the marathons I have run, so far, including New York and Chicago.” – Emmanuel A. Enujioke, 2006
• “I have run over 15 marathons in several different states in the USA. This is truly the best because the amenities, friendly atmosphere and definitely the most awesome pasta party. It is truly the best kept marathon secret.” – Dianne Worrell, 2006
• Readers of UK Men’s Running magazine voted Reggae Marathon – International Race of the Year and a ‘Highly Commended’ event in the Women’s Running International Race of the Year category.
• 2016 Reggae Half Marathon was named among the Best Half Marathons of 2016 as published by the 100 Half Marathons Club of the USA.
• Reggae Marathon event again mentioned as one of the “Top 10 places to run a marathon” – Glancing Askance
by Bedford New York writer, Mark Wollin, January 2011
|Organizers & Partners||• The Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston
• The Jamaica Tourist Board
• The Negril Chapter of the Jamaica Hotel Tourist Association (JHTA)
• The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA)
• The Negril Chamber of Commerce
• The volunteer communities of Negril and Green Island
• The Ministry of Health
|Registration||Please contact email@example.com Deadlines: Mail entries must be postmarked November 29, 2019; Online closes December 05, 2019.
THERE IS NO RACE MORNING REGISTRATION OR PACKET COLLECTION.
|Entry Fee & Rules||Entry Fees (Per Person) On/before July 31 On/after August 1 On/after December 1
Marathon: US$110 US$120 US$140
Half Marathon: US$105 US$115 US$130
10K: US$75 US$85 US$100
ENTRY FEES ARE NEITHER REFUNDABLE NOR TRANSFERABLE, AND NAME CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
The minimum age for entry in the Marathon is 18 years old, 14 years old for the Half Marathon, and 10 years old for the 10K.
|Goodies & Other Stuff||• Commemorative finisher medal
• Official Reggae Marathon T-shirt
• Free entry to the ‘World’s Best’ Pasta Party
• Free entry to the Victory Beach & Awards Party
• US$5,000 in prize money
• Finisher certificates
• The Bob Marley and Rita Marley trophies awarded to the male and female winners of the Reggae Marathon
• Special prize category for High School Boys & Girls in the 10K
• Special prize category for Teams in the 10K and Half Marathon
|Scoring & Results||• MYLAPS BibTag timing system
• Gun and Chip Time results
|Major Sponsors||• Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston; PUMA Running; Jamaica Tourist Board; Couples Resorts Jamaica; JHTA – Negril Chapter; JAAA.|
|Contact Info||Race Director: Alfred ‘Frano’ Francis 87-89 Tower Street, Kingston, Jamaica Tel.: (876) 967-4903||Marketing: Diane C. Ellis Director of Sponsorship Reggae Marathon|